Spring new buyings...

| |

... even if actually we still don't have spring here!

Weather is awful, few days of sun and MANY days of rain, and I'm that person whose mood it's strictly tied up with nice days, sun light and warm temperature. Great choice living in Milan, I guess :D

Anyway, these were the last nailpolishes I got in a long time, since that I then stopped, because I didn't find any other interesting colour...

From the new Catrice range, my choises:


From top and clockwise:

- "Mint Me Up", dusty mint with old gold shimmer and glitters, nice combination!

- "Purple Reign": actually it's more purple than in my picture, and it contains blue (and some spare pink) glitters, how can you resist?

- "Shopping Day At Bluemingdales" (short names next time, pls?): not so bright in real life, I've seen electric blue swatches around the web, don't trust them :D
But I'm a sucker for blues, you know, so I really like it, could be a nice choice for anyone who wants a boost of colour without being too much over the top.


Next ones: some time ago, FabFingerTips had a blogsale, and I spied a couple of vintage things I wanted to have in my collection, so here they are!


From left:

- Mavala "Capella", I'll talk about it later;

- Revlon n. 490 "Kiwizing", see great swatches here!

I think you all know the (in)famous "zing" collection by Revlon, here's a comprehensive total view (and list) on this collection, which dates from 2000 and it was full of (now older type) duochrome shades!

In the past, Revlon used to make gorgeous nailpolishes (check Color Illusion range!), so when I saw this little gem for sale, I couldn't resist, my inside collector won over me :D


At first I thought it was similar to Nubar "Indigo Illusion", and I think they've somewhat the same formula (see the teal base?), but then I realized the final result is different, as Revlon is a duochrome, and Nubar a multichrome.
I do personally prefer Nubar, but I'm glad I've found "Kiwizing", I'm a vintage-lover and I like to own some older items here and there :D


Now it's Mavala turn: I've found "Capella" from FabFingerTips and the very same day, on a british online beauty supplier, I scored another gem from the same collection, "Orion": these are all flakies colours from the Galaxy collection, which is a 2003 SMASHING collection released when no one cared about flakies :D 

The colours were "Agena", "Antares", "Canopus", "Capella", "Orion" and "Vega".
"Antares" and "Canopus" are too milky and frosty for me, while "Vega" has more visible flakies, but it's also milky, so I don't like it :D

I already own "Agena", so now my personal selection from Galaxy is completed!


I know now they aren't that smashing, but I just love these small bottles full of duochrome shimmers and flakies ♥
Don't be confused by the base colours, they're all pretty sheer, so I think I'll find the right use for "Orion" even if it's red :D


But, see below: a TRUE RED? Did I buy a RED nailpolish?


Damn yes, but CLEARLY I won't use it alone, don't worry :D
This is Shaka "Burn In Love", very metallic, very pigmented, very fiery! You can spy an orange-gold touch, yes it's there!
Actually "Burn In Love" has a magenta base FULL of goldish metallic shimmer =  RED


One coat.
See? Pink base :> So metallic!

On to the new adds: Elsa bought for me one of the most beautiful colours of this year:


It's beautiful and nice too! :D
Here it is Color Club "Portfolio" *______________*


No words needed, if you liked Zoya "Adina", you'll NEED "Portfolio", here's my cap comparison:


One coat each.
They aren't dupes, "Adina" has a lilac base and a lighter green side, "Portfolio" is much stronger, colder and pigmented.
I love both ♥

Lastly, two amazing H&M bottles: "Blue" and "White", clever names :D


El Corazon inspired? Who knows :D


Have a nice day/night/whatever and thanks for your attention ;¬)

8 comments:

marox79 said...

If it's any comfort, the weather is awful here in Spain too.
Love the polishes you got. The Revlon and Color Club are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Com'è che non ho notato quel bellissimo rosso della Shaka?? Devo decisamente tornare indietro e guardare meglio ù.u
Comunque sei una grande per aver fotografato la mia opera d'arte XD

Anonymous said...

H&M bottles looks really like El Corazon's :)

Smaltoitaliano said...

Hi marox79, I've read it's like that almost everywhere in Europe!

Elsa, quel rosso ti chiama, mi sa :>
Non potevo non pubblicare una boccetta così educata, che saluta :D

zebra-nails, I just hope H&M didn't steal the design, but just imported them :D

Tessa said...

Oh wow, such nice finds! I didn't know the Mavala Galaxy collection until now but they sure look amazing. And Revlon Kiwi Zing, che bella!

Rebenice said...

Che SPETTACOLO di smalti! Amo i duochrome e i flakes, vedi un pò te quanto posso sbavare su questo magnifico bottino...
Tra l'altro il Blue di H&M mi sembra simile al più costoso 'Sunglasses at night" della Orly, sbaglio?

I Mavala sono spettacolari, sto cercando di convincermi che oramai posseggo tutti i Flakes dell'universo e che saranno PER FORZA dupe di qualcosa che ho già, ma sento che è inutile... *sigh*

Ultima nota su Portfolio... lo AMERAI quando sarà sulle tue estremità. Alla follia!

Buona serata!

QueenMiSeRy @MiseryLovesBlue said...

Quei boccini simil-El Corazon mi fanno impazzire!
Lo Shaka mi ispira tantissimo, così come il flakie di Mavale *__*
I Catrice sono già a casa, stranamente!

Smaltoitaliano said...

Tessa, me too I got into that Mavala collection YEARS after it was released °_°

Rebenice, il blu H&M è la copia sputacchiata di un El Corazon, quell'Orly che dici tu mi sa che ha le stanghette ben più grosse (e non mi piacciono, così).
I Mavala sono inutili, a dire il vero, ma già che c'ero... :D
"Portfolio" devo ancora metterlo *_*

QueenMiSeRy, lo Shaka penso che lo userò prestissimo, ho un'ideuzza... :P

Post a Comment