Zoya - Ivanka

| |

This is one of that bottle every nailpolish lover has in her/his own collection.
But you know what? I didn't like it on me as much as I would have thought o_____o

Ok, it's gorgeous and I LOVE the bottle appearance...

but it was just too... green to me; I don't know what was wrong with it, and I certainly will wear it again, but I will try it layered over something else, like a deep teal, for example, or a (guess what?) a dark blue :D

Anyway, being a glassfleck glitter (I think)l, it's 1000000000 times better in daylight than in direct sunlight:

To the naked eye, you can even catch some of the duochromeness contained in the bottle, especially on the nails' side.

Full sun reveal defects in application and adds more yellow to it, which I obviously dislike :D

(full sun)

I don't think I made a great job of application, because of the tiny brush; but since this polish is a jelly loaded with glitters, glitters tends to follow the brush movements, and they lay on nails exactly where you put the brush down, so, with a small brush as the Zoya's one, you have to apply at least three coats in order to obtain an even distribution.
Or probably I'm not a pro in applying nailpolishes :D
Top coat too is a must.

I'll retry this during winter, as I guess gray days will suddenly call for something more bright and festive on my fingers :>

I layered another polish over "Ivanka" the very next day, as I couldn't stand it another day! I'll show you the result in my next post.


Have a nice day/night/whatever and thanks for your attention ;¬)

9 comments:

Cristina - PeeBeforePolish said...

Lo sai che io questo lo amo tanto tanto tanto?
E' difficile per me fare una classifica vera e propria, ma se dovessi mettere uno smalto sul gradino più alto del podio, con tutta probabilità sarebbe lui! :)

marox79 said...

I feel the same about certain greens. I don't mind a good vampy dark green but with lighter colours I find my nails strange looking, lol.

sabbatha said...

I love ivankaaaaaa :P

Unknown said...

Pentiti!!! Il Dio degli Ivanki ti punirà per questo!!! XD

Smaltoitaliano said...

Cristina, pure io ce lo metterei, (magari non in cima), ma non so, qualcosa non è scattato in quel momento... Tanto basta riprovarci :D

Marox, same thing for me, and infact I'm not a light green person... But I have to say "Ivanka" is special, I guess it might be used paired with something else too ;>

Sabbatha, Queen of the glassflecks :D

gnome, ma nooo, mi piace! È che ci conosciamo da poco, ed io all'inizio sto sulle mie :D

Aly said...

Ma no! L'avevo visto su un altro blog qualche giorno fa e ero sono pentita amaramente di non averlo comprato...E adesso leggo tutte le cose che mi farebbero dire "mah, lo metto nel cassetto per la prossima volta (seeee)".

Una cosa simile (tipo "non ti posso guardare" mi è successa con il Snowcone Orly)...Ed è sempre triste! :-P

Aly said...

chiedo perdono per i verbi alla rinfusa, non ho ancora bevuto il caffè!

Unknown said...

Povero Ivanko, che piange solo nel cassettino al buio ç__ç Lui vuole darti tanto ammOOOre, permettiglielo! :°)

Smaltoitaliano said...

maisenzasmalto, sei perdonata, anzi grazie per essere passata all'alba, che coraggio! :D
(e compralo pure, l'"Ivanka", tanto, che vuoi che sia, uno più, uno meno... :P)

gnoma, gli ho presentato qualche amichetto, vedrai che tra un po' faranno amicizia :D

Post a Comment